Wednesday 7th October 2020 – AM Over 65s – PM Over 65s
Thursday 8th October 2020 – AM Over 65s – PM Under 65s at risk
Friday 9th October 2020 – AM Over 65s – PM Under 65s at risk
Please note these clinics will be held at
CWMBRAN STADIUM SPORTS HALL
Henllys Way, Cwmbran, NP44 3YS
Do not attend the surgery.
The challenge of running the flu campaign is even more difficult this year, due to social distancing measures needed to minimise any risk of COVID-19 transmission. That is why, we will be running our flu clinic in CWMBRAN STADIUM SPORTS HALL, not the practice. This will allow us to maintain adequate social distancing, with the large number of patients that we need to vaccinate.
We ask that you must:
- attend alone (unless you need assistance)
- attend at your allocated time slot (not early or late)
- strictly maintain your social distance
- wear a face covering while inside
- do not attend if you have any COVID-19 symptoms or are feeling unwell
For further information or to book an appointment, please contact reception on 01633 485 155, ideally after 2pm when the lines are quieter.
You may be eligible to receive a free flu vaccination if you:
- are aged 65 years or older (includes those becoming age 65 years by 31 March 2021 i.e. born before 1st April 1956).
- people aged six months to less than 65 years in clinical risk group
- Chronic respiratory disease such as asthma requiring regular inhaled steroids, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic heart disease
- Chronic kidney disease at stage 3, 4 or 5
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease or learning disability (where clinically vulnerable)
- Immunosuppression due to disease such as HIV/AIDS or treatment such as cancer treatment (and household contacts of at risk individuals).
- Asplenia or dysfunction of the spleen
- Morbidly obese adults (class III obesity) defined as those with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or above.
- are pregnant
- are aged between two and three years on 31 August 2020
- are living in a care home or other long-stay care facilities
If you are eligible for a flu vaccination please contact reception to book an appointment, ideally after 2pm when the lines are quieter.
Children’s Flu Vaccine
The children’s flu vaccine uses a different nasal spray vaccine. At present we don’t have a firm date for delivery for these, but will keep you updated as soon as we know more